Question
Posted by: amelia | 2008/07/29

why not

during my pregnancy' s my estrogen level where very high, now i have read that high estogen level can be the cause that some woman cain weight and cant lose it again, i follow diets some days i dont eat just because i dont want to cain any more weight but no the wieght stay, can some one please assit me, my last born is 5 yrs already and i cant lose the weight

Dear Amelia
All the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy can cause weight gain and some women find it more difficult to lose weight after the birth of their children, than others. I would recommend that you have a medical checkup preferably with the gynae or dr who assisted with your pregnancies and who knows about your raised oestrogen levels. The dr needs to determine if you are still suffering from hormone imbalances of the female hormones, or of thyroid hormone or insulin. Anyone of these hormones can make weightloss difficult. If you should have raised oestrogen or insulin levels, or low thyroid hormone levels, the dr will prescribe the necessary treatment. I would also recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian for a specific slimming diet based on the results of your visit to the dr. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. It is also essential to do regular, aerobic exercise for at least 30 min a day (swimming, cycling, jogging, skipping, brisk walking, etc) because this helps to promote weightloss, lowers insulin levels and stimulates your metabolism. So start an activity immediately.