Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2010/02/23

Why is it this way?

CS, it seems like other people have it so easy. Couples can stick together and make it through whatever situations they -if any and go whereever the other one goes.

It seems so hard with me and my bf. We love each other so much. He is stuck in a job he hates so much, earning a really great salary but it is the most stressful job ever. There are no words to explain it and he has a psycho female boss. She really is psycho. He can''t even take leave and he has 60 days of leave due to him. His boss makes him feel terrible that he has taken leave and yet there is someone in their deparment complaining they are bored so why don''t they pass some of his work onto her. It''s ridiculous. I''ve asked him to speak to HR.

I wish we could just up and leave. He refuses to go back home which is in another town. He doesn''t want to live with his mother again. I don''t know what else to do and jobs are scarce these days. I wish there was solution cos the ways things are run in that office are so pathetic. Some people need their heads read in that place. He''s the only that knows the job so when he takes leave no one else understands what his work entails. I feel this is wrong. He works in an office with only women in this particular department. I don''t earn enough to suport us both. We don''t even live together but it would be nice to see us work through this and start over somewhere new. It''s easier said than done. He is a good man but the stress is getting too much to handle. He has good qualifications. I''ve asked him just keep looking, you never know. We don''t get placed in situations we can''t handle. There is always a way out we just have try harder all the time. I don''t know what else to do. I feel like he is sticking around just cos of me. Why can''t he try harder for the both of us. i''ve offered so much advice which is probably useless but I don''t know what else to do. If we can''t make this together he needs to find his own way. I''ve run out of ideas.

This may seem so small to other people but bare in mind you need to see this for yourself how he works and the person he works for.

Guys, I did warn you, twice, that I would be forced to be unavailablem throughtout Tuesday, as our reliably incompetent City Council was switching off our electricity for the day for "maintenance " which lasted twice as long as they promised, and asked for messages rather to be posted on Wednesday, but I guess these matters were all too urgent to wait.
It ALWAYS seems as though other people have it easy. Some do, and if like most people they DON'T have it easy, they try to hide this from you, so it looks easy.
Sounds like your bf reall needs to talk with HR, and maybe Dept of Labour, too.

2
Posted by: Obvious | 2010/02/24

I know how u feel,i have a friend who has been depressed for 2yrs full,has high blood pressure and suffers from panic attack.she also had a mini stroke,all because of her manager.

She was put on probation for nearly a year until i convinced her to get HR involved.She was so scared of this woman because she was hell bent on not working with a paticular race.

Let me know your whereabouts and i could help u with,either reporting this company or refer you sites where u can send his cv s.he deserves much better especially because he is an academic.

Reply to Obvious