Posted by: Flower1980 | 2010-05-10

Why is it taking so long

I went to go see an attorney in Feb, already, sheriff were suppose to deliver the summons at his home, which he never was and I gave the work address. The attorney told me the sheriff has a time period of one month to deliver the summons, and its been a month and a week. I phoned the attorney and he said he is still waiting on the sherriff,Why is it taking so long. I want to move on with my life and now soon to be ex is threating my life and did it more that once.What can I do to make the attorney move faster. Do I have to go to court to get a protection order.Why is divorce always such a long, tiring process

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

There are two issues here.
1 - the legal process. You should contact the lawyer who filed your papers to find out about the process and what he is doing about it.
2 - your security. Independently to the lengthy process of your divorce there should never be a situation where you should fear for your life. If your ex is threatening your life you must go to the police and get a protection order. You are entitled to your safety.