Posted by: Harry | 2008-11-06

Why is it always me?

Well basically im 15 and just split up with my gf and ive noticed that its always me being dumped and always me falling for the other person and I was just wondering if theres any psychological reasons behind this.

Harry, the good news is that when one's 15, it often feels like it's "always me", and it actually isn't. If you have 2, 3, or 5 relationships, and they don't seem to work out, you feel that's a 100 % failure rate, and expect the worst for the rest of your life --- but there's likely to be many more to come which will work out fine, and in fact we only need one really great relationship to last through life. One's sadness at such events feels total and eternal, and fortunately, it won't turn out to have been either.
By all means look at whether there are any obvious patterns in the relationships from which you can learn, to improve your relationship techniques. But nobody learned to ride a bicycle without falling off a few times --- even those who went on to become world champs. You pick yourself up, let the grazes on your knees heal, and get back up on the saddle.

Posted by: SR | 2008-11-06

quite normal Harry, dont worry in the beginning you will tend to feel this way. Life for a teenager is so fast, so many options, so many distractions, breaking up and taking on new boyfriends and girlfriends is as normal as a fad which comes and goes.

Before you know it you will be in your twenties and have a totally different outlook on life .... you will definitely not remember this post . Enjoy .... just learn from the experience

Reply to SR