Question
Posted by: why | 2010-03-12

Why i am gaining

I have been on an eating plan and i exercise for 2 years everything was great i lost etc, now in the last 2 months or so i am gaining weight i have gained like 5kg !!! what gives.i am 1.62 cm tall , my goal was 55kg but i got to 58 ( maintained this for months) now im 63kg for like 2 weeks now , i changed my exercise but only to a harder routine

Dear Why
When you weighed 58 kg you were actually at your ideal weight with a BMI of 22, so it is a pity that you decided to change your regimen. It is possible that your sudden weight gain is related to the change in exercise routine. If you are now doing more work with weights then you may be developing muscle tissue which ironically weighs more than fat tissue! So keep track of your measurements to see if you are losing cm even if the scale is showing and increase in mass. If necessary go back to your previous exercise routine.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-12

Dear Why