Question
Posted by: WVW | 2009/07/15

Why Duphaston ?

Good day

Me &  my husband have been ttc for 26 months now i do have a regular period for 18 months my last normal period was on the 28/05/09 then i did ovulate then on the 19 of june i had a discharge but not a real period so i went to the doctor 07 the 07/07/09 &  she did a pregnancy test &  it was negative and she then put me on Duphaston. We have been to a gaene becuase my husband have a low sperm count &  abnormal sperm due to his work he is a welder of trade.I also have been on clomid for the last 6 months. Why did she give me the duphaston &  what would it do to me i did drink it for 7 day' s 2a day
Please help me we despreatly want a baby i have a child of 12.
My husband also used spermaid &  staminogro nothing seems to work please help

Dear WVW

The rationale for using Duphaston would be to assist the implantation phase if a pregnancy was in the process of occurring. Although by now one would certainly have seen a positive pregnancy test result and if this was not done then I would recommend that you do a pregnancy test as soon as possible. Should this test be negative then there is no further need for Duphaston. Also without seeing the total sperm analysis result I cannot give you any further advise as to your best treatment options. Also it would be important that you have a full and thorough evaluation of your fallopian tubes as well as your uterus and if this was not done, it should be done as a matter of urgency.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Yvette | 2009/11/10

I have been spotting for 4 months now. My gynae put me on duphaston for 10 days, today is day 6 and I' ve started spotting again. Is it normal? or should I only stop spotting from my next cycle?

Reply to Yvette
Posted by: Yvette | 2009/11/10

Reply to Yvette