Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010/12/17

why does it still hurt

I went through a difficult time with a cheating partner. i was really hurt by someone i loved. he started mistreating me when i was pregnant with our child. he got himself other women who would call me and send me msgs from his phone, found him with a woman at some point...etc. In the end i left him as he was the source of stress in my life. I couldnt imagine myself being a single parent, it was just too scary, i just didnt know where to start, but i am doing it and i am perfectly fine. i love my baby to bits and would do anything for him, i pray God gives me a long life to see him prosper in life. I hardly think of my ex, i do not want him back, but why does it still make me cry when i have to talk about him and what he put me through? he sometimes calls appologising, telling me endless stupid stories, i handle that well, i do not even get emotional anymore when he calls, but when i have to relate the stories to someone else, it pains me, i still cry - though i think i have moved on from the pain. do you think i need counselling still?

Sounds like he treated you disgracefully badly, and that though you apparently oloved him sincerely, he did not really ove you in return - nobody could treat the person they loved in that way, Why take his calls and listen to his excuses ? Make sure a court orders him to pay proper maintenance for the child ( for the child's benefit, and also to discourage him from doing something similar to anyone else ). Don't waste time listening to his stories - you know how unrealistic, insincere and unhelpful they are. Counselling, fime, if you really aren't managing to o this on your own, but you may well manage independently

3
Posted by: Fishy | 2010/12/22

I know this feeling. I cry too. Only, I know why I cry. I cry because I was so stupid, because I was cheated on, abused, and most of all for " what could have been" 

Reply to Fishy
Posted by: Shameless | 2010/12/18

U cry bcos u are not over the emotional pain he caused u.Yes, u are over him but u are not over the pain. U may cry sometimes bcos u fail to understand why someone u loved so much, who also claimed to love u right back, would hurt u like he did.
Only seek counselling if u really feel u cant get over the pain on ur own.

Reply to Shameless