Question
Posted by: Nia | 2010/02/09

Why does it bother me so much?

I was divorced in 2004 - it was my fault and my decision. We did not have kids. I remarried in 2006. I am happlily married, live a comfortable life and have a beautiful one year old child. I have not been thinking about my ex-husband for a long time. Now I heard that he remarried recently. He is a good man and deserve to be happy and I am glad that he found someone that will be good to him. But why does it upset me so much that he is now married?

There's no simple explanation, but I have found it to be quite a common experience. It's a reminder that the previous marriage, for which you both had high hopes, is now finally over, a nd that is sad, even if inevitable and intellectually acpted

3
Posted by: Rick | 2010/02/09

Im getting remarried next month, and my ex is happy for me, but she still hurt when she found out, its natural I think, cause now the dream is truly dead ( not that it wasnt), its the final cut, the fact that what you had with someone you did love or thought you loved is gone and that love is for someone else now.

I dont believe that love you had for someone lasts over time and distance, it dies and you start the process over with someone else.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Lucy | 2010/02/09

Yip, I think its normal to feel this way.

Reply to Lucy