Question
Posted by: sunflower | 2008/11/04

why do men do this?

I liked this guy and well I think in the end he was just using me for sex. When i told him I think is best we go our separate ways he freaked on me and refused.

so we talked and i kind of thought maybe it would be better. He went out of town for two weeks and did not call me or email even me once which he has never done before.

My friend sent me an email telling me his boyfriend has not called him for five weeks.

What i don' t understand is why do men do this? I cannt even believe that i actually thought this person even liked me as a friend. surely if you have even a shred of respect for someone it would not get to this point?

If you allow people to just use you for sex, many people will oblige. Maybe you liked the guy you thought he was, more than the guy you discovered he really was.

6
Posted by: sunflower | 2008/11/04

yes you are old fashioned because when you first start dating them they call all the time and he emails me when he is out of town.

Reply to sunflower
Posted by: sname | 2008/11/04

excuse me for beiing a little too old fashio here but why dont you call him, why doesnt your friend call her bf, i mean he could be out of airetime-scratch that - is love or affection detemined by the number of times he calls you...maybe you should just tell him to call every day ....

make it easy call him

Reply to sname
Posted by: SR | 2008/11/04

The process sometimes can numb one and leave you confused

I still believe that in order to find love you have to first love yourself because when you do you will learn to say no and saying no earns you respect, respect earns you love.

Some argue that by being hard they do themselves short and spend their whole lives on the fine line of giving the other person the benefit of the doubt and not selling them short. I guess somewhere between that thin line is where inner peace and happiness lies?

Reply to SR
Posted by: Smee | 2008/11/04

Generally speaking, most men just aren' t as emotionally involved as us women  )

Reply to Smee
Posted by: sunflower | 2008/11/04

SR I am a woman, my bes friend is a gay man.... you are right. it hurts though.

Reply to sunflower
Posted by: SR | 2008/11/04

" My friend sent me an email telling me his boyfriend has not called him for five weeks"  ? are you a man or a woman ?

Secondly go with your gut feel .... your gut feel is normally closer to accurate than any other feeling you may have

Reply to SR