Question
Posted by: Cassy | 2009-02-24

Why do men cheat

I have been in a six year relationship and would love to know from all the men out there why mean cheat?
My partner has cheated on me before while working out. His explanation was that he was bored and it was for fun. I have a 5 month old baby and found out in December that my man has done it again, he denies this, but he went out with my brother who told that he met someone on the night and disappeared. I have done everything I possibly can, he has never carried on differently towards me so I don' t know when this thing could have started.

Men out there, please give me some sort of explaination!!

I get asked this so often. So check the archives of the forum and you'll find many discussions of this. Men don't cheat. SOME men, as well as SOME women, cheat. Its no excuse to do something so hurtful to someone he supposedly cares about, to say he was bored and wanted fun --- he should rather have hired a DVD. It is not your fault.
If he insists on denying it, it wouldn't be possible to sort things out in counselling, so leaving him becomes a more realistic option --- though letting a maintenance court decide what maintenance he must pay

11
Posted by: Cheated-on | 2009-02-28

The same reason woman cheat!!!!!

Reply to Cheated-on
Posted by: In my case | 2009-02-25

Women cheat just as much as men. The first time things were not going to well betwee us. The second time it was just pure lust.

It has nothing to do with not getting any, we actually did it more. You mis something and most of the time you don' t even get what you were looking for in the cheating.

DH cheated twice too, not sexual, that I know of. In his case he needed a person to talk to. The other was just pure midlife.

The only one that you can blame in cheating is the cheater. It has nothing to do with you, male or female, people are just put together like that. When you want, need, something you try and get it and some just don' t stand back or give up until they get it.

Reply to In my case
Posted by: They said it | 2009-02-25

When I read " Visitors"  comments, I had to doublke check to make sure that I had not written it !! That' s EXACTLY what I would have said. Get going and do it fast !!

Reply to They said it
Posted by: Bill | 2009-02-24

I agree with most of the above... look at it this way, if a guy is not getting bj' s for example he might seek them elsewhere, but if he is getting bj' s he maybe gets bored and needs more variety, it' s like the chicken and the egg, there is no answer. Clothes hide the body and make it all that more special and secretive, I might sound like a lunatic here, but some people are never happy with what they have, they always want the forbidden or unnatainable, and that is why they cheat, and in my opinion is uncurable!!! The only time it would be normal to cheat, is if the guy is getting absolutely nothing at all! Which I doubt.

Reply to Bill
Posted by: Rob | 2009-02-24

Men and Women cheat, their reasons are excuses nothing more, if anyone is not happy in a relationship they can discuss those issues with their partner and if things can' t be sorted they can end their relationship and move on with someone else, nobody is forced to cheat on anyone it' s a choice. I heard all sorts of rubbish when I found out my wife ( now ex) was involved with someone else but it was all just self justification and nothing more. Society is just being programmed to believe it' s no big deal, there are websites out which cater specifically for married people looking for discreet affairs, it' s crazy!!
I take my hat off to those who can deal with affairs and keep their relationships together, I don' t know how they do it, because in most cases someone who cheats will continue to cheat. I hope you make the right decision for yourself, what ever that might be.

Reply to Rob
Posted by: huh | 2009-02-24

ill tell you why if you tell me why woman and girls cheat :)

deal?

Reply to huh
Posted by: t | 2009-02-24

Men (and women) cheat for many different reasons. Sometimes it is boredom, fear of commitment, fear of having a successful relationship, having to prove something to themselves or their partner/parents/friends/siblings etc. In my opinion, cheating implies a need for something, a yearning for something, an attempt to fill a space or to achieve something. it very often has nothing to do with the partner but rather the cheater him/herself. He/she would have cheated anyway, regardless of who their partner is.
Cheater’ s partners often ask what they did wrong and how they can prevent this behaviour from happening again. There is unfortunately no easy fix for this. He/she can change but they need to want to and seek help as the core motivation or desires need to be addressed.

Reply to t
Posted by: Visitor | 2009-02-24

It is, permanent adolesence, bad self image, no integrity, no value system, selfishness,lack of commitment, no regard for anyone other then themself.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with " getting it at home" . It has everything to do with the above mentioned. The saying " once a cheater always a cheater"  it is true ask any woman who were cheated with and they will tell you that they were cheated on.

Leave him, your baby deserves at least one stable happy parent.

Reply to Visitor
Posted by: Lady Man | 2009-02-24

Maybe he is not getting any at home. That is emotional support, sex and the other stuff that makes a relationship work.

Reply to Lady Man
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-02-24

If he cheats on you once - its his fault
if he cheats on you again - its your fault.

Why? because you allowed it. You should have left the first time.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend
Posted by: BOB | 2009-02-24

Why do dogs lick their balls?

Reply to BOB