Question
Posted by: Andy | 2010/04/15

Why do I weigh more after exercise?

I know the thoery has been floated - and the fact is there too. But please can you explain this to me in an easy way...

I have recently lost 15kg''s. I am not keen to tone up nicely. On Friday I weighed 62 in the morning. I played squash on Friday, and did circuit on Saturday. I changed NOTHING in my diet but remained on the eating plan I have. I drink more than enough water.

But on Sunday I weighed 64.

I could certainly not have built 2 kg of muscle in two days.

So what is the wiehgt fluctuation about. I''m cool with ignoring the scale and going with what the centimeters say - but WHY does this happen??

Please can you explain.

HI Andy

Did you weigh yourself on the same scale?

That would be the obvious answer - differences in the calibration of the scale.

The only other explanation is acute fluid mass, caused by losing fluid one day, drinking more the next. In other words, the first day you weighed yourself, you might have been 1 L of fluid short, and the next day, you have had a cup or two of water, you get a swing of 2kg.

I'd say it's an error in the scale though, or in what you are wearing, because there isn't a physiological reason for it.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/30

HI Andy

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Andy | 2010/04/15

LOL! I meant I AM keen - i don''t know where the NOT keen to tone up came in! Sorry about that

I AM keen to tone up...

Reply to Andy