Posted by: Angry | 2009-07-28

Why do i do this?

For some unknown reason, I like to ' punish'  myself. An example, some friends are organising a trip next week. I need to take one day off work for this. They said that I must let them know today. I let them know by telling them that I cannot get the day off, even though I didn' t even ask for a day off. Everytime something comes up where I can go out and enjoy myself, I make excuses, then I get angry because I could have gone.

I also tend to break things when I get angry, then only to regret it afterwards. My car has dents (from me), by fridge has dents etc.

Then I plan something like going away, then I stop it at the last moment, cause I feel I don' t deserve to go, or deserve to be happy. Why???

You seem at least aware THAT you do this, and could, with the help of a counsellor, understand WHy you do it, and,. with CBT, more importantly, find out how to stop doing something so self-defeating. Meanwhile, punish yourself by aepting suich invitations to enjoy yourself.

Posted by: Iyo | 2009-07-28

Wow scary shit!!

Reply to Iyo