Posted by: Sylvia | 2012-01-31

Why do I crying in my sleep but I''m not dreaming?

last week I woke up - kicking and screaming very loud like I had seen a ghost and my husband was so scared he thought I was having a nightmare - yet i wasn''t - I couldn''t explain it because there was no dream - a few days after that i was crying during my sleep - my husband told me - I don''t know why because I was not dreaming...does anyone know what could be happening?

There are actually various possibilities. A shrink could do a full assessment, but this would be an excessive response after one or 2 events. There can be bad dreams or nightmares where one doesn't recall the dream content, though usually one remembers the content of whatever one was dreaming of just before waking.
When awake, are there things which are worrying or stressing you, or depressing you, which you are aware of ?