Question
Posted by: Easter | 2012/04/12

Why did they bother to interview me.

They saw my CV they knew I did not have the experience that they require but they still call me for an interview. I went because I am looking for a job then now they tell me I did not have the type of experience they are looking for and they tell me they have appointed someone within the company. Why did they bother me anyway knowing that they are still interviewing internal people. Can someone who is in HR or who is in the management position explain this to me please.

Very annoying and frustrating, of course. Maria's view is sensible and experienced. Sometimes its bad, that they have already decided to appoint someone from inside the company, but their rules require them to also interview outsiders. Unfair, but hard to know about it when you apply, unless you have inside knowledge of what's going on.
But also, do look on it as useful experience in the technique ot being interviewed, which may help you handle future interviews even better

3
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012/04/12

Treat interviews as a win or loose situation, never attend an interview with high expectations. rather concentrate on marketing yourself positively. If you are demoralised by this situation, that you will never treat future interviews with the seriousness they deserve, and you will end up not being employed.

Reply to Motlalentwa
Posted by: Maria | 2012/04/12

Something similar happened to me and I was told afterwards that they were " just testing the market to see what is out there" . I was very irritated by this, but they did call me several months later to offer me an interview for a different job. Perhaps the company saw something in your cv that they thought warranted an interview even though you don''t have the experience? They might have been interviewing internally and externally at the same time. Or it could just be company politics that played a role, you have no way of knowing.

Reply to Maria