Posted by: Chloe | 2009-02-25

Why did I?

Soon to be divorced my question is to find out the reason why I cheated on my husband.

I had the most wonderful relationship with a caring, soft hearted man. He was and will always be the love of my life. We were together for 3 years when he left me for a friend. When things didn' t work out (because he believed he loved me and that it' s with me that he wanted to spend his life) we got back together and a year later got married. After 3 years of marraige with a lot of challenges, hectic work and social schedule I met a man (younger than me). We could chat for hours on end, had the same interests and after 4 months we had a sexual encounter. My husband and I viewed the option for staying together and/or rather seperating. I decided in all fairness to rather pack my bags and go. I' m still seeing this other man. The only question that keeps popping up in my head is why? WE had such a beautiful relationship, why would I go and do something like that. Im not the cheating type at all and see myself as a one man woman. Why?

You can' tell us why you cheated, but you think maybe we could tell you ? Is that realisic ? Why, earlier, did the man who said he loved you so much, cheat on you ? Did you value the flattery and sexual attentions of the other man more than the peace and love of your husband ?

Posted by: JackD | 2009-02-25

Sound to me like Peter was cheated on a lot.

Hey I belief we make mistakes. I always say never say you wound cheat till you in that position.
Some time we get so into our own word, wrapped up in our own fantasy, that if we get to that sudden romantic bliss with someone ells than our spouses we tend to loos our morals and grab the opportunity.

If you have decided to let the Romance life on so be it. Just remember Romance seems to fade a way some times and then you need to take you decisions and make the best of it.

Reply to JackD
Posted by: Chloe | 2009-02-25

Not selfish and not self centered at all. And I definately have never cheated on one of my previous boyfriends as I' m not a backstabbing person.

Reply to Chloe
Posted by: Peter | 2009-02-25

You were probably bored.

Are you a selfish and self centered type? Because its those types that do have affairs. There is actually no excuse to have one. Its better to end the relationship first then move on with someone else.

If I were the other person I would run a mile from someone who had an affair, because if they can do it to their spouse they can do it too me.

Reply to Peter