Question
Posted by: Me. | 2009-10-19

why could this be? STI?

Hubby and i haven has sex for the past 2 weeks, that was till before yesterday morning, we has sex, then after for the whole day when u urinated there was this burning and then after there is itchiness, i didnt hve a funny discharge though and tht continued for the whole day but yesterday and today i dont burn with i urinate but itching is still there, yesterday we tried having sex but when he penetrated me i feld as if i had sores and he was rubbing against them and it was so painfull i couldnd handle it, he had to come off me!.

what could this be, possible STI?

Dear Me,

It is unlikely that an STI would present so suddenly. From what you describe it sounds more probable that you may not have been as lubricated during sex, and if the sex was vigorous and extensive you could have been chaffed due to friction.

Woman are also prone to a variety of infections. It is possible that you may have had an underlying infection that was aggravated by the sexual encounter.

I suggest you see your doctor for an examination.

6
Posted by: pam | 2009-10-23

hey me i just got out of the situation like that so the best thing for you to do is to consult a gynae to be checked. it is called a yeast infection so consult for tests to be done before it gets worse. the gynae will prescibe all the good medication for you and you also need to take your man along for him to be treated as well. those pills like tampons and citrosoda as well as antibiotics would really help but advice consult so you can do a pap smear for your safety. GOOD LUCK

Reply to pam
Posted by: Woman | 2009-10-19

Yes - the thrush is, you and hubby could reinfect each other. But it' s not an STI, you would also get it just because - we have bacteria living in vaginas, just like everywhere else, and sometimes they just grow too much. that' s why an anti-biotic application would be needed. They look like tampons with applicators and you use them in much the same way.

Bladder infection - if it hurts when you pee, you have it. It can get very bad, but is usually sorted out after a day or two' s cranberry juice and citro soda.

Your pharmacist would be able to advise if you' re short on cash.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: katie | 2009-10-19

sounds like Honeymoon syndrome which consists of bladder infection and thrush, consult ur gp they will give you antibiotics to clear up in 5 days. good luck

Reply to katie
Posted by: Me. | 2009-10-19

is that transmittable?

Reply to Me.
Posted by: Woman | 2009-10-19

Please go to your gp, it actually sounds like a bladder infection or candida.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009-10-19

Dear Me,

Reply to Sexologist