Question
Posted by: Pixie | 2010/06/01

Why cant we talk about ourselves?

I have been seeing this guy for 8 months now . I find him very alluring and really enjoy his company. He spoils me by taking me out often but there''s just a strange thing about when we are together. We never talk about " us"  or " our relationship"  more than we could spend hours with him talking about other peoples stories ( not gossiping ) I know his colleagues in and out even though I have never met them. He talks hours on end about his work ( which he loves and is not ashamed to say his work comes first before his relationship. He will bore me with the technical details of his work which I am simply not interested in. He genuinely likes me but i really get bored with him telling me about Joe Soap , Piet Pompies and whoever else he has worked with.( what their famili size is , their type of work, personalities , hobbies etc) Only 10 mins of spending 5 hours would he even mention something about us .I want to know where do I stand and where r we taking this relationship to but I am scared to open up this conversation or show that i am bored of. would i be pushing him away?

Maybe he doesnt want a Relationship right now, but an enjoyable friendship. You need to ask him clearly where you stand, and what sort of relationship he is looking for.

4
Posted by: Mango | 2010/06/01

Run forest run...I don''t think he''s into you the way you want him, I agree with Cybershrink that he is only looking for a friendship just somebody to talk to

Reply to Mango
Posted by: rick | 2010/06/01

he just doesnt give two hoots about you, he is selfish and self absorbed.

Reply to rick
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/06/01

Mmmmmn self absorbed, run like a wind!! He''s just not into you. And yes you don''t want to force the " us"  issue on him it will back fire.

Reply to Happiness