Question

Why are relationships so hard?

My bf and i have been dating each other long distance for about 3 years and contrary to long distance relationships ours has been very good - not without problems but not something we never sort out. I think the longest we didnt speak was 3 weeks because of a misunderstanding and when we sorted it out we were more in love than ever. Lately however we''ve both been under pressure at work - we both hold senior positions in our company (same company different city), and this has been causing a bit of tension between us - we have spoken about it and decided to be lenient with the other but there is such tension between us that we cannot even hold a proper conversation. This weekend i did a lot of introspection and realised that maybe its time to let go - not because i dont love him but because if we dont do a time out we may actually part as enemies and not mutually. I have not spoken to him about because I have been so busy - our interaction has purely been via sms. I know that time up for a couple of months will be good but previously he told me that he wont hear anything of it because i am the person he depends on most - but right now this is also an issue. Am i making the right decision? I just dont want to lose him because we are going to fight - rather take a brea whilst we are still friends,

Maybe if they were too easy, they wouldn't be worth appreciating and enjoying ? Anyhow, the situation you describe inherently includes many potential difficulties. IS there no possibility that the two of you, within the foreseeable future, could be working in the same place ?
Sometimes a time out can help, but in some senses a long distance relationship is full of time outs. DOn't make this decision without a good discussion with him, or the results may be different from what you expect or hope for - presumably you can sometimes meet and talk ?

1