Question
Posted by: so sad | 2008/10/02

why am i so SAD!?

i seem to go through phases of being happy for a while and then just miserable for no apparent reason. the latter is outruling the former. today i am fine. maybe in a few days time i' ll be laying in bed and teary. and i ask myself, but WHY are you so sad? i can' t pinpoint it. i hate being so miserable. i can' t afford to be depressed.

of course my personal and financial life is like everyone else, not perfect. recently i' ve been spending more and more time just feeling like want to cry. i spoke to my husband and told him i don' t know why i' m so sad. i just am. i' m not suicidal. but i hate my life, basically. i don' t see a bright future for us. but i also realize it could be worse.

please don' t say i am depressed. i spend all my free time online. i don' t have any friends or family.

i' m tired of feeling like shit every other day. but i don' t know how to make it better.

GOod grief --- why are there so many gloomy messages today ? You're depressed, whether or not you can afford it --- depression has arrived, without apparent cause ( as it so often does ) and at no immediate cost. PLEASE go and see a good local shrink for assessment and treatment of this Depression, which is very likely to respond well, leaving you happier and more able to find more ways to enjoy life. I DO say that you are depressed, because this seems very obvious, and ignoring it would not be a good idea. You CAN make things feel better, if you do as I reccomment. You could have friends, and more fulfilling and fruitful pastimes and work

1
Posted by: Vegan | 2008/10/02

I found myself feeling like this at one stage. Just all of a sudden. I discovered that my hormones had gone totally screwball. It' s probably a hormonal imbalance or a chemical imbalance, and Cybershrink' s right...don' t ignore it. See a GP and a shrink. It' s amazing what the right treatment can do. Depression is the most useless state of existence. It' s so unnecessary. Sending you love and hope

Reply to Vegan