Question
Posted by: Pathetic Me | 2010-05-28

Why am I so insecure??

I have been married for over 20 years and 98% of the time has been fantastic. A few years back my husband changed jobs and and an evil predator kind of woman tried to get him to have an affair and leave me. Initially at the time I think that she boosted his ego and he took it as a compliment. Our marriage took strain and for about a month during that period he was confused and didn''''t know what to do. They were never intimate or physical. I gave him his space over that month and thankfully he came to his senses and he told her off. Since then things have become even better and I didn''''t think that they could. He is at a new company since last year but I can''''t seem to let go of my insecurity. Another woman in the organisation has taken a transfer to his department and I feel awful. He knows how I feel and it makes him feel even more stressed. What must I do to straighten out my mind as we have an above average marriage and I don''''t want to throw it away because my imagination is playing tricks on me!!\
Help me I know that I am unreasonable.

Your story reminds me of that old saying about leting someone go - if they come back, they are yours, and if they don't, they were never yours.
Seeing a personal counsellor / therapist would probably help you work through your insecurities and learn more self-esteem and self-confidence. And when you are feeling stronger, maybe some sessions of marriage counselling will help strengthen an already good relationship

1