Question
Posted by: SDR | 2012-02-14

Why am I so frustrated at work?

I''ve been employed for past 5 years at current company. I am now in my 5th role. All in the line of admin. I believe my level of performance is good - appraisals also confirm this plus I had couple of performance increases. I am a 37 year old songle female [stepped out of 7year relationship recently]. My problem: personality tests etc indicate I am a driver. I am extremely irritable, moody, aggresive and just plain horrible to work with. I get extremely frustrated at times. It feels sometimes as if I''m fighting a losing battle with a bunch of incompetent people with no sense of urgency, respect for detail and just plain drive to get things done. I may also be getting bored a bit too quick. I have to work. I like it, but I hate it. I love Fridays, but really does not look forward to work. When do I know when to resign and fins something else. I know I need to push on and do what I have to do, but when doe sit become unhealty for me and the people around me at work? Do you have some kind of quiz?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi I am a medical doctor and not aptly qualified to give you guidance in this regard. It does appear,though, that you are at that time in your life to make a move. Explore opportunities, be brave and good luck!

2
Posted by: tim | 2012-05-02

past 8 years i have been in wrong career result i let my health detoriate , now my stress situation is gone worse cos i didnt treat myself early, get terrible pains, all anxious at wrk ,cant think straight gave up on all enjoyment dont want to go on antidepressants , how can start my life normal again , where shud i seek assistance

Reply to tim
Posted by: ike | 2012-03-29

you now know the ins and out of the job thats you feel frustrated and you need someone to cheer you up, sometimes pride does''nt help i think you still love that girl give her a chance, in terms of work don''t be afraid to face new challenges, if you feel like appliying for a new job do that, thers nthing borring like to stay in a company for more than 3years move on.

Reply to ike