Question
Posted by: LoveLess | 2012/09/25

Why am I here?

hello Sir

Please help me..i am 32 and have lost the will to live...i mean i am childless and single with no relationship prospects on the horizon..all my relationships have been nothing short of disastrous with my first love almost killing me by kicking me so hard he broke my ribs and they almost punctured my lung..(wish he had)

i have absolutely nothing to live for..everyday i wake up and go to work for what? rent and car payments..my friends and collegues all work for their kids and families what am i working for?? bills...i really dont see the point anymore. the only reason i am still alive is because i were to kill myself it would destroy my mother and i could never ever do that to her as my dads death 3 years almost killed her..i am sorry but i find myself wishing she could kick the bucket sooner rather than later so i can follow suite.

i dont understand why God is keeping me here cause none of my prayers He has answered and i spend most times alone..yesterday braai day was alone at my complex listening to the sounds of families braai..and please no talk of visiting friends cuase they all have their families and dont want single women milling around their husbands..

Seeing a counsellor would be a really good idea and a wise investment. Don't give up, as things are certainly not as bad as they feel or seem to you. It really sounds as though you may have become significantly depressed, and needing proper skilled treatment for that.
Sad that your first love was for a rotten abuser - that says horrible things about him, but NOT about you.
Of course suicide would be an awful thing for your mnother and anyone else who cares for you. But also, as the cliche goes, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and solves nothing.
Do arange to see a proper psychiatrist for a full assessment and a discussion of your treatment options which should include counselling as well as medication.
Kate's suggestions are sensible and helpful. Think them over carefully. And consider becoming involved in charity / NGO and other such groups, not to find a mate but to gain friends and pals, and get to know other people better.

5
Posted by: Kate | 2012/09/26

Why don''t you guys meet up perhaps? Or just keep ion contact via email? Its always good to speak to people who are in the same situation as you are.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Sally | 2012/09/25

I know how you feel. And strangely enough i''m also 32. I am on medication and i''m also seeing a psycologist. It does help...
Why don''t you join some sort of club. A hiking club. Or a craft club? I''m going to try and join a hiking club now. Where in the country are you? Just keep you chin up. It is not nice - i know. And at some points i get so mad at God. I think HE is ignoring me...
Hope you feel better soon!

Reply to Sally
Posted by: LoveLess | 2012/09/25

thank you Sir and Kate...

Reply to LoveLess
Posted by: Kate | 2012/09/25

Do you not have siblings? Any family at all, aunties etc
Why not spend your time with your mom?
Maybe move in with her if you do not like being on your own?
Join a group and make friends?

You still young and there''s over enough time to find that perfect guy and settle down. You won''t meet him sitting in your flat and feeling sorry for yourself...
I truely wish you all of the best.

From my side I love being on my own and do not really enjoy having friends around too aften. The only people I really care about - parents, siblings and bf. Other tahn that everyone else can come and go.

When you do make friends take it in your stride and done over-invest as I find that loads of people today do not know the true meaning of friendship and are far too willing to take advantage of others.

Reply to Kate