Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2010-04-09

Why am I feeling this way?

Hello. My uncle (he was adopted by my grandparents when he was a baby and was only 3 years older than me) died in a bike accident late last year. We (my siblings and my other uncle, also a few years older) were very close growing up but as time went on we all grew apart (my uncles got married, had kids, we moved to a different part of the province). Everytime I think about him I cry and I don''t understand why. Everytime I hear a song they played at the funeral I''m finished and I don''t get it. I haven''t seen him in 4 years yet I cry when I think about him. Why do I feel this way?

I don't know why, and my guessing wouldn't be useful. It would be useful for you to see a good local psychologist for a detailed assessment - it may be that you have other sources of grief being expressed in relation to your uncle, but actually about more than him

1