Posted by: NN | 2009-03-16

Why am i constantly eating?

I am not too sure what is going on with my body the past month.. On the weekends I barely eat and I am barely hungry either. I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I go out partying all weekend and spend the nights drinking and the days sleeping. And then during the week I crave things like cake, and spring rolls, chips and chocs. I sit at my desk and eat all day. It makes me fee ashamed to eat so much but I am genuinely hungry. I have not picked up too much weight and also my tummy does not work. I usually do not give into temptation to eat the junk food but I sit and much on salad, fruit and muesli bars the whole day. What can I do to stabilize my hunger?

Dear NN
Try eating a low sugar, low fat diet - sugars and fats stimulate insulin secretion, making you more hungry half an hour after youve eaten. You may have damaged your pancreas with too much drinking too - so have your insulin and sugar levels tested?