Question
Posted by: grumpy | 2009/09/09

Why am I

I am consistently grumpy and down all the time. I am on antidepressants &  my life is going well. However, as soon as I step into work, my attitude changes. I think this has just got a habit. How do I break this? I am trying little steps, like today I woke up and put a smile on my face and made myself think happy thoughts (I usually have all these negative thoughts going on in my head). Ive had enough of this negative mood with there being no reason to be. How do I change this habit for good?

Sounds like a bad habit, indeed, and CBT counselling is the method of choice for changing bad habits. Discuss this pecifically with your CBT therapist, as it needs to be an early and major focus.
And maybe the OTHER form of CBT, applied to some bosses, could work wonders ?

4
Posted by: CBT | 2009/09/09

Thanks for your sense of humour Cybershrink. Way to go.

Reply to CBT
Posted by: CBT | 2009/09/09

Change your job, it seems like the answer that I can deduce from your post. You indicate that you are fine and cope well, until you get to work. We spend a huge amount of time at work, and if not happy there, well it reflects everywhere else as well. Take your time, prepare yourself, consider options, analyze the situation and possibilities, and make a decision. If one does something positive yourself, you are already on your way to recovery. But, get help if needed.

On a lighter note, I did not know what CBT was in terms of the human sciences, so I looked it UP. Well the one meaning is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, while another is...., well have a look and maybe decide not to have that vorm of CBT.

Reply to CBT
Posted by: grumpy | 2009/09/09

Hi Bigmac... I am having CBT too.

Reply to grumpy
Posted by: bigmac | 2009/09/09

try CBT....some form of therapy so you can talk yourself out of your mood with a professional..drugs alone wont heal you they just trick your brain chemistry into being " happy"  you need to get to the root, the subconsious source - therapy may help.

Reply to bigmac