Question
Posted by: ms nel | 2010/10/30

why?

i am 27 and have always liked kids.when i was younger i would be the one that would play with the kids and kids naturally warmed up towards me more than they would others and they still do.at the time however i never thought much about whether i wanted some of my own or not because i just thought it would happen when i was ready.i was just scared of child birth pain.now however i am unsure about having kids of my own and the more i think about it the more i feel i don''t want any.another thing is that kids now get on my nerves and i cannot stand them for too long even my nephew who used to be the apple of my eye gets on my nerves lately.i used to be the most patient person when it came to kids but now i am the opposite.this has affected my relationship with my ex who wanted kids.i do not have any maternal insticts and at my age i am worried what could be wrong with me as i was not always like this.

Sounds as though the whole issue has become confusing for you, and maybe seeing a counsellor for a few sessions would help you to sort out your thoughts and wishes ? Also, if you have always liked the company of kids but now find the get on your nerves - are there other things in your life causing you stress and anxiety, or are you perhaps becoming depressed ? Either or both can make one very easily irritated, and deserve assistance ion their own right.

1