Question
Posted by: ANON | 2009/10/15

WHY?

Are they any reasons why the egg does not attach, even tho the eggs was of a perfect condition,(according to the lab) all 3, but not one attached.
After all that, is it worth doin another IVF/ICSI, my age also being 40.
Do you stil have a special price on the IVF?

Dear Anon

Despite good embryo quality one often finds that implantation fails to occur and this is for various reasons. The problem may be related to some form of damage to the endometrium (lining of the womb) due to previous infection or other conditions. There is also a strong immunological bases form implantation and in some cases implantation may fail as a result of an imbalance in the immune systems due to certain immune proteins. In women of advance age embryo morphology i.e. the appearance of a good quality embryo does not guarantee that the embryo is genetically normal and in some cases may be the cause of failed implantation as well.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Anon

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert