Question
Posted by: annie | 2009-08-11

why

i am feeling so depressed, me and my husband are trying to fall pregnant and the doctor didnt find anything wrong with the both of us. i am using fertility enhancing tablets and everytime when i find that i am not pregnant i just get more depressed and he gets stressed out. i am losing hope.i am 34 and he is 38.i just feel like giving up. i feel like i am a failure. Its hard when you want a baby so bad.

This can be complex. Women who have difficulty falling pregnant obviously feel sad, and some of the hormones they may receive to enhance fertility can mess up one's mood and add to the risk of depression. It would be very wise for you to see a shrink for assessment and advice, both to deal with the disappointment of not being pregnant yet, and the suspense of trying to do so.
And as others say, the stress about this can reduce your fertility, so working with a counsellor to feel more comfortable about all this can actually enance your chances of conceiving.

5
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-08-11

Hi annie
You may find some support on the fertiliicare web site. I can' t post the link here but it has the usual co and za in the address.

I' m bipolar and find the GREATEST support from my online forum. I mean who else can understand as well, as a person who struggles with the same thing? (And who else knows the things NOT to say better?)

There is another South African " trying-to-conceive"  forum, but for the life of me I can' t remember the name. I clicked on a link to it once, it may have been from somewhere here on health24?

Best of luck, this is such a tough one...

Reply to Kay in Gtown
Posted by: D | 2009-08-11

I know women who have fallen pregnant in their late thirties and even early forties, I was 33 and that was last year.

Things will happen unexpectedly, enjoy your husband and your relationship for now cos when the time comes theres no time for that. Have fun together and dont think so desperately about making a baby, make love and be happy, if things are meant to be it will happen in its own time, dont rush it.

You still have lots of time............

Reply to D
Posted by: D | 2009-08-11

You still have lots of time............

Reply to D
Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-11

The more you stress the less likely you are to fall pregnant.

I told the same thing to my pa and when she decided it would happen when it happened and really just stopped stressing and trying, she was pregnant less than 3 months later.

Good Luck

Reply to CTMOM
Posted by: some 1 who cares | 2009-08-11

i' m sure u' ve heard this b4, the more u stress about it the more you will not fall pregnant, u and your husband should just enjoy making love and dont make it a chore, try to not think about falling pregies and keep yourself ocuppied by work, reading, cherities ect... it will surely work, the more you stress about it, your brain will find it defficult to tell your body to produce eggs...

Reply to some 1 who cares