Posted by: Selma | 2009-08-08

Hello. Last night I realized that the only time people liked me was when I was sacrificing my happiness to please them. That was when I was the nice girlfriend and the cool girlfriend and the helpful girlfriend. Since I' ve stopped jumping after everyone NO ONE likes me. Why?

Fortunately, I think you're exaggerating the actual situation, though I'm sure it feels just like that to you. The sort of people who like you only when you're working hard to please them, are employers, not friends. And if you stop trying to please them, then yes, they will no be interested in you --- but you'll be well rid of them. If that was the way you learned to make "friends" it'll take a while to learn better ways of finding genuine friends

Posted by: Maria | 2009-08-08

Could it be that people are intimated by your new assertive way of dealing with them? Or perhaps you' ve overshot a bit and are at times aggressive rather than assertive? I think you could benefit a lot from some personal counselling at this point, and probably also from getting a new boyfriend who doesn' t just like you because you are a doormat. Take care.

Reply to Maria