Posted by: Leonie | 2009-04-29

I' m currently trying to lose 5 kilo' s, but can' t seem to lose it. I' m following a low fat diet. My daily calorie intake is about 1100. And I do moderate exercises. But still seem to stand still at 59kg.
Please help

Dear Leonie
Because you have not mentioned how tall you are in metres, I can't really judge if you are overweight or not? If your weight is already within the normal range and your BMI is already close to 22, then your body will resist additional weightloss. Your energy intake is very low and this could also be a reason why you struggle to lose weight. Ingesting too little energy signals to the body that it is in 'starvation mode' and then it switches off its weightloss systems. I would increase the energy intake to 1500 kcal/ day and do more aerobic exercises every day to shift those 5 kg, but ONLY if you are not already close to a BMI of 22.

Posted by: Leonie | 2009-04-30

Thanks Doc I' m 1.64 m tall

Reply to Leonie