Question
Posted by: Anonym | 2008-10-30

Why...?

I' m Schizo and are suppose to drink meds but decided to discontinue it due to the possible side effects and no I don' t need it cause I' m really feeling great. My question is when I' m stressed (my daugther is sick and luckely in hospital now) I shiver alot and I swear at my husband like you can' t believe cause I knew the dr. misdaignosed and I struggeled to convince him to get a second opinion, anyway might I not respond like that he might just left things at is. I realy feel bad afterwards but not as bad as I would if something should happen to my children. Why do I shiver like it is it cause I used anti-pshychotis meds for 6 years non stop?

It should be up to you to get a second opinion when you wish it, and should not be up to a doctor to approve or disapprove of that. And I would think it would be ise to get such a second opinion from another psychiatrist right now --- both to check the original diagnosis in a fresh assessment, and to analyze and diagnose this new complaint of "shivering" --- there are a number of different possible explanations for "shivering" or trembling, and some would deserve special management, and might need more urgent attention. So do see a fresh shrink, and let us know here on the forum what they suggest