Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/06/02

Why?

My mind boggles at this - I saw the expert's post regarding Rusta and his abusive posts but why do you guys think someone like Rusta, a homophobe, would choose to hang out on a gay forum and post silly posts? Would someone like that get off on doing this? It doesn't make sense. Seriously, I'd really like to know how those people's heads operate.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I doubt Rusta is homophobic - but he's clearly homoprejudiced.

A phobia elicits an irrational fear reaction, and people with a specific phobia go to great lengths to avoid the stimulus. Invariably they also have an element of insight into the irrationality of their fear.

Prejudice, however, elicits an irrational anger response, there is no insight and prejudiced people do seek out the stimulus of their anger. Homoprejudiced people, for example, commit gay bashing.

1
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/06/04

Hi Sam. The mind boggles. Pathological minds operate at a level that mere mortals like us do not understand. The best way is to ignore these guys. Keep well

Reply to LONEWOLF