Question
Posted by: Louis | 2008/06/11

Whooping cough

Good morning, hope you can help me. I was diagnose with bortella pertusis (whooping cough ) and was given antibiotics. But im still coughing and vomiting.Its getting worst.

Is there any (boereraad) for this sort of things.

Hallo Louis
Pertussis or some of the other viruses can cause coughing for up to 6 weeks. It is rare to see patients with pertussis these days as all people in South Africa gets DPT vaccinations as children and should be immune or partly immune to whooping cough. The incidence now is about 1-3/100 000 people.
Treatment with corticosteroids, salbutamol, or antihistamines may help to reduce the cough while the disease runs its course. Please discuss with your doctor. Boererate won't help, unfortunately.