Posted by: Bee | 2009-02-25

Who to go to?

Diagnosed with BP II 2 weeks ago, another appointment with psychiatrist on 10 March to review progress on mediaction.

I know its going to take time for the meds to start working, but I feel very down (and then up again, mostly down though) and really feel like I just want to be left alone. Husband irritating me although he is so supportive and great. I just feel like I don' t want to be with him now. (although is he should be the one to tell me that, I would die). My head is screwed up.

Shoudl I make an appointment with psychiatrist sooner than 10 March and inform him of my feelings? How does a psychiatrist decide to admit one to a depression clinic? Its like I actually wish that he would send me there.....

Its hard to tell you, from a distance when you should best see your psychiatrist again, maybe you can phone and ask his advice about when you should see him next ( and, indeed, when you CAN, as many shrinks are pretty booked up ). The concerns you mention don't sound awfully urgent. Can't you take some time to yourself in the menatime, if you can spend it fruitfully and no gloomily ? COunselling added to the medication, might also be a good idea, to help you deal better with the annoyances and stresses you are being more agitated by at present.
Deciding when to admit one to a clinic depends on many factors, which your psychiatrist can explain at the time.