Question
Posted by: New_Boy | 2008/06/09

Who pays?

I'm recently out of a 6-year relationship so need to get into the cruising-dating scene again. A guy asked me out for dinner on Wednesday night, we're going to an Italian restaurant (his suggestion and not cheap!), he made the reservation etc and I can afford it but it will bite into my budget. OK long story but here's the question: about paying, what's the right thing to do, I have no idea and it worries me, so what must I do? He's older than me and more established but still I just wanna do the right thing. I am scared he'll order wine that costs a fortune and I'll feel like an idiot. But I also know I need to get out there and start dating again.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

Hope the date went well....

1
Posted by: Apache_boy | 2008/06/09

Hi New_boy and welcome!

I am probably old fashioned or maybe even crazy, but its the first date. I would want to go halfies on the bill, considering that i sped about the same amount as he does (okay thats the accountant in me coming out). Its difficult, but i would say try to go half half, if he insists on paying, great, and if there is a second date... its your turn, but on your terms...

Good luck and let us know how the date went...

Reply to Apache_boy