Question
Posted by: MOTHER BEAR | 2010-08-02

WHO IS ENTITLED TO WHAT

I got married in 1980 and divorced in 1989. However, we have been living together since then sharing responsibilities. However life with my husband has deteriorated –  he is a cheater and I have had enough, I need to get out of this life. I pay the bond, various insurances medical aid, department stores etc , he pays the car and buys the food and pays the utilities. He has now stopped paying the car and I have had to take out a loan to cover the arrears –  he does also not pay the utilities any longer. What rights does he have –  I don’ t want to go to a lawyer because I am already divorced but the situation cannot continue. What are my rights –  do I owe him half of anything. The house, car and all accounts is on my name and I will not be able to cope on my salary but I am prepared to sell up to get out.-

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Being divorced the matrimonial property regime will not apply to you and therefore he will not be entitled to claim from you unless he can prove that he did in fact contributed more or that you were enriched by the payments that he made.

2
Posted by: family law expert | 2010-08-08

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: wvw | 2010-08-05

There is a new law that state if you stay togheter for more that a surten time it will be like being married every thing will be divided into to even the Responsibilities go &  seek legal advice why sell if he has to pay his share

Dont be stupid get some legal advice before you do somthing you will regret in the future

Have a Blessed day

Reply to wvw