Posted by: CP MOM | 2012-02-06

Who is disabled? - Teenagers.....

Ne can wash dishes, dry them, pack them away (ok we are heavy on glasses)
Ne can make her own bed as well as mine
Ne can put her towel back in the bathroom after bathing
Ne can put her washing INSIDE the wash basket
Ne can feed the dog when his bowl is empty (food and water)
Ne can take out the cereal, milk, bowl, spoon and call me
Ne can switch off lights when she leave a room
Ne can pull out the plug after she has bathed
Ne can sweep and mop the floor

How many " normal"  kids of 15 can do those things ? hmmmmm...i have 2 other " NORMAL"  teenagers in the house and TRUST ME they cannot do it! Can yours? lmao

In time everything comes " right"  (or as right as it can hey, CS?)
We are now at a stage that the caregiver doesnt have to work weekends anymore because between me and Ne we can handle what needs be done and when i want to go out one of the others can ''babysit''

I''m still having coffee then she waits so she can take it to the kitchen (a bit of OCD if you ask me) and wash,dry, put away...ok sometimes it falls but its so worth the 1 out of 10 times it breaks compared to the pleasure of her doing it and then telling me " come see" 

She will never pass the mental age of a 3year old but i think she''s doing damn well!

Don''t you agree dear old CS?

Love Mom

She doesnt just outperform many teenagers, but of course all 3-year-olds, too. And more than a few husbands.
ANd she has another skill --- as I become increasingly geritric, she never calls me Old !

Posted by: Anri | 2012-02-08

CP MOM, I think you are a great mom. I admire you.

Reply to Anri
Posted by: Ruby | 2012-02-07

Thank goodness CS takes it from who it comes. To call someone " old CS"  or " old Ruby"  is a Afrikaans way of talking and then translating it directly into English and has NO reference what so ever to CS''s age. So lighten up Honest!!!

CP Mom so proud of Ne and can''t believe that''s she''s 15 already!!! WOW!!!

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Honest | 2012-02-06

It was most unkind of you to call CS old, even though he is of retirement age. lt is not mature to state what you think is obvious but which caused offence to CS (see his response)
You have told us you are on a diet but l would not be insensitive as to call you fat.............

Reply to Honest