Question
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/21

Who is being selfish?

Hi there Prof,

Me again.....

Who would you regard as being the selfish one:

Mr. X: who changes the TV channel while Mrs. Y is busy following a story (" investigation" ) on Carte Blanche so that Mr. X can watch the weather?

or

Mrs. Y: for getting annoyed?

Thank you kindly.

Probably the guy with such an unnatural interest in the weather. I wonder why that was so desperately important to him ? Was he planning to play golf the next day ? Was there no later weather bulletin on any other channel or on the radio ? And he could have checked the weather on the internet, too. But good points are raised - Carte Blanche is repeated and could be watched again.

10
Posted by: Husband | 2011/02/22

Not really an apology, however.......
l still beleive you are not communicating effectively as for resolution/confirmation you posted on an internet site?
A matue relationship would have resolved the issue without one party needing to post externally.
True communication in a mature relationship would not have resulted in you needing second opinions or venting to strangers.
As an example to you of conflict resolution l apologise for your percieved sarcasm of my post.
Cue for you to do the right thing.............

Reply to Husband
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/22

Hi there Husband,

Read the sentence again : " This is a serious issue, suggest couples therapy" .... anyone would think that you are being sarcastic as you did not elaborate as why you think we need couple''s therapy.

Who says that we have not communicated about it? I was merely asking people''s opinion as we disagreed and when a couple disagrees.... it means there is communication, but thanx for your concern anyway.

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: Husband | 2011/02/22

I was not being sarcastic but genuinly believe that if you cannot sort out a small issue you have communication issues that require professional help.
Your anger towards me points to lack of anger management which would also require help.
Please believe me when l say l care and feel free to apologise for your unwarented outburst.
Kind regards.

Reply to Husband
Posted by: smart | 2011/02/22

thats why we now have dual !!!!

Reply to smart
Posted by: Happiness | 2011/02/22

Eish I''m not sure, since I always change the channel while hubby is watching (most of the time I ask first).

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/22

Thanx for the replies.

Husband: no need to be so sarcastic. If you don''t have anything good to say, then shut the hell up!!!!

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: Husband | 2011/02/21

This is a serious issue, suggest couples therapy.

Reply to Husband
Posted by: Woman | 2011/02/21

It depends on who owns the TV and pays the licence.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/02/21

Mrs Y as Carte Blanche is repeated. The current waether forecast is a one off,

Reply to Obvious