Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2008/10/27

Who do I go to for help?

I am a woman and I am diabetic. When my friend and I have sex or if I perform oral sex on him, he gets a rash (small red dots) on his penis. I have been to my gynaecologist and he could not find any infection whatsoever present when he did a pap smear. I have also asked my dentist to whom could I go to if I suspect that I have a mouth infection or disease. She told me that I do not have any infection/disease in my mouth and that she would have picked it up if I did have a disease. Are there doctors who specialise in these kinds of diseases? It really affects my life tremendously? I would like some answers to find out why my friend gets these red dots. Do I have to go to a mouth and throat specialist? PLEASE HELP ME!!

I am wondering whether it is a bit of thrush? I am aware that diabetics can be prone to thrush and the symptoms on his penis sound consistent with that. Have you tried an over the counter anti-fungal (e.g. medaspor, caneston) to see if it helps? You would both need to be treated if this is the case...If it doesn't, then I would suggest that perhaps you both go to your GP/medical sexual health professional to have another assessment.

2
Posted by: Frustrated | 2008/11/04

Tx for the answers but I am still in the dark as to who will be able to help me. My friend has been to his GP and he gave my friend Mycostatin cream. When we do not have sex or oral sex the cream helps and the rash goes away but once we start having sex again the rash is back. I want to know what causes this and what treatment there is for this rash so that it can be cured, not just a temporary solution. Where do I find a medical sexual health professional? Is there a list of such professionals somewhere? What if I have a disease in my mouth that causes this situation? Whom do I go to for this, mouth and throat specialist? We are both extremely clean on our person and do not have other sexual partners. Thrush according to the internet is the same as Candida, if I have it correctly. My gynaecologist specifically said I do not have Candida. I do not have any symptoms of thrush as described on the internet.

Reply to Frustrated
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/28

has he not tried going for any check ups? maybe the problem is not you. Maybe he has some kind of reaction to certain things.

Reply to ?