Question
Posted by: Didi | 2010/03/15

Who am I

just before my mom died she said that the man I thought was my dad for more than 40 years was not my dad. I left it at that and then she died, he started giving me hell. Told me with my birthday that I will stay the child and do as he says, i was literally a servant, at his constant beck and call. I am a working mom and married for 25 years. I then asked my brother to take him and then everything went wrong. My moms friend of 60 years confirmed that he was not my dad. I am going through a terrible phase where I dont feel that I fit in, since childhood I felt that I dont belong. Always cut myself out of pictures. At 14 i contemplated suicide, then suffered from depression. Had a breakdown at 17. Everybody tells me to move on, how do I do that?

Counselling would surely help you, and is surely something you really deserve. What strange games these people have been playing ! Father or not, there's not the faintest reason for this nasty man to expect you to do anything for him, let alone to serve him in that way - slavery was abolished a long time ago ! Maybe in subtle and less subtle ways you were made by him and maybe even others, to feel uneasy about fitting in. But now it is they who do not fit in to the modern world, and you who do. But do see a counsellor, through your nearest state clinic or elsewhere, to help you learn to respect and value yourself, and not to give these other nasty people any power to make you feel bad.

1