Posted by: Lulu | 2009-03-11

Who am I?

Dear CS

I dont know where to start, I was raised by a single parents with her violent brothers. And she actaully raised me by violence. I grew up with a scarred confidence, which is actually being scrutinised every where I go. I was rasie to have fear and not to express myself,if you talk back or do things your way, it was seen as being arrogant and as a change person.

At some point I was a very bright kid with bright future as I was on top of my class. I went to varsity,not knowing what I would like to be. I settled for a BA degree. I was bearily coping in varsity, especially when I failed one of the subject and failed fo the first time. I was not the bright kid anymore that I usedto be,what was wrong with me?.

I am working now as a support staff all the time. I cant do tasks as perfect as other people. I dont trust myself. I know I am clever but why do I keep on doing mistakes and not excel. I dont have a talent or something that I am passionate about. I have been trying to search my sould as to what makes me happy. I odnt know, I getting depress as I see people have things that they do and love. I dont have. My boss the other day asked if I love my job,cos my concetration span is short, hence the quality of work is not great.

Who am I and what' s my purpose? Doc how can I find out ,what makes me tick,what is it that I can do whole heartedly. what are my talent? My friends are define, cos I can see that they have something they like doing like cooking ,wht about me? Have I lost interest in living, but no I havent, its just I dont know my purpose in the whole of my existance? Just needed to talk to someone!

-Make arangements to see a good CBT oriented therapist, to boost your self-esteem and confidence --- I'm sure you're capable of much more when you can learn to stop selling yourself short, and to stop telling yourself you can't. And the counsellor can help you to understand better who you are, what you like, and to explore the many skills you may not even have noticed, yet. You history is unfortunate, but you don't have to accept the false assumptions your nasty family of origin gave you.

Posted by: Zozo | 2009-03-12

You need to tell yourself that you want to improve and take it one step at a time. Write down whatever youv' e been instructed to do as you go along cross out whatever' s been done. Read and pray you will get back on track.

I had the same problem after giving birth to twins, after hearing my boss say I make too many mistakes I realised that there is a lot at stake and I need to prove myself.

First accept and acknowledge everything that happened to you, and move on stop living in the past focus on the future and Good luck.

It is all up to you.

Reply to Zozo
Posted by: .... | 2009-03-11

Find it in yourself to be the brilliant person you once were. You can over come this..... to cut a story short.. I was sexually abused by my own father.... and right now, I am succeeding, I am at the top of my game.. because I choose not to be ruled by my past unfortunate history.

It can only be a situation if you allow it.

All the best

Reply to ....