Posted by: Qiqa | 2011-02-19

my son was born with the white forelock,its not so much white as it is golden blonde.And has white patch of skin underneath blonde hair .i want to know is this the waardenburg syndrome, if yes what does that mean for my son.He''s gone for several hearing test and some checks with genetics dept but they are not telling me anything.They told me to come back when he''s a year old .he reacts to sound.

It is not to say that he has Waardenburg syndrome, as there are several other signs for this disease. If your child does respond to sound, I suggest that you do in fact wait until he is a year old. Please refer to the following link to understand more about Waardenburg syndrome: