Posted by: Carmen | 2011-09-23

White spot on tonsil

For the past +- 2 weeks I have had a small yellowish-white spot on one tonsil (not more than about 1 mm across). My tonsil is not swollen, there is no pain, discomfort or fever, and my lymph glands are not swollen. For the past couple of days I''ve had a slight grainy feeling in the back of my throat - not pain or discomfort, just a feeling as if something like small grains of cereal are stuck there. Gargling has not helped. I''m a 53 yr old female on a low cholesterol diet (cholesterol border-line at 5.9), but otherwise in good health. Do I need to be concerned, or will this resolve by itself?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and throat swab, to determine if you need a course of antibiotics.