Question
Posted by: Amber | 2010-06-07

White line - inside of cheeks

I have asked dental doc, but he is not responding, and I am worried

For the past few weeks, I have noticed a solid white line slightly raised on the inside of my cheeks (almost like a nerve), it runs from the back of my mouth right round to the other side. it is not painful just irritating, I have read that this can occur due to cheek biting, but I dont bite my cheeks (maybe if i am sleeping, but dont know). Is this something to worry about? I dont want to go to the doctor if this is common.

I checked my childrens cheeks today, and they dont have anything line this, so I am not sure of this is normal.

Hallo Amber
This can be normal and can be caused by the friction of the teeth against the cheek. It is called Linea alba. White marks in the mouth can indicate mouth cancer, but then it is usual only on the one side and not associated with the teeth line and if you don't smoke it is unlikely to develop into anything harmful.
dr Bets

2

It is NOT from biting your cheeks. I get it quite often. I don't bite my cheeks. It's not even on my tooth line. It's sometimes very thin and it also gets very wide. It grows in minutes. So don't give me the tooth bull crap. Not one of you geniuses have figured it out. Go back to school.

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-08

Hallo Amber
dr Bets