Posted by: R | 2008-11-27

white coating on lips

My lips have recently become extremely dry and after being washed gives off a watery substance which causes a white lumpy coating on my lips, looks terrible and very embarassing. My beautician says it may be caused by candida infection in the mouth. I have tried numerous lip creams etc and nothing works, what should I do ?should I consult a GP, dermatologist or another specialist.....

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi R
Yes I do suggest that you go to your GP as it sounds like you may have an infection which needs to be properly treated. I would not like to suggest yet another lip cream.
Since you are at a probiotic expert site, you can try a probiotic as they can help to reduce Candida overload in the system, but first I suggest you get rid of the infection.

Posted by: azah | 2009-01-27

I am also suffering for the same mouth infection.I been to the doc and used almost every mouth cream in the market and antibiotic but nothing seem to help and It make me loss self confident. plz your help will be much apreciable.

Reply to azah