Question
Posted by: KoosB | 2010/05/19

WHITE BOY STRESSED IN AFRICA

Dear CyberShrink - when I wrote an email to my supervisor informing her that I am heavily stressed in my over enriched, one man show post and is nevertheless expected of to just keep on performing my duties she replied in an email: " Enjoy your week-end and keep thumbs for the Blou Bulle."  Seeking assistance from my employer''s Employee Wellness Operations section are greeted with silence. Understandable because they seem to be psychological cases themselves.
Around me, to my astonishment my African colleagues are being booked-off left right and centre due to stress.
What remedy do I have as a white boy in Africa?

I wonder what your colleagues are so stressed about ? There are many causes of stress which are equal opportunity horrors, affecting all of us. ANd where time off is easily granted, there are also people who will chance it and pretend to be bothered. But its a stupid organization that gives ANYONE such time off without a doctor's or psychologist's report, without specific recognized and identified problems, and clear objectives for the time off

1