Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2011/03/10

White blood cells in urine

I recently posted re a cat bite (post 1024) and about my urine going dark.

I am still concerned about the colour of my urine - it was a very dark yellow with a slight pink tinge. I drak alot of water and it went clear but if I did not drink for an hour it would go yellow again. Is that normal? I also had some mild lower back pain. This morning my urine was a very dark yellow with a slight pink tinge again.I went to a different doc today for a urine test and he said I have trace white blood cells in my urine. He said he would not put me on an antibiotic because it is only a trace of white blood cells and told me to stop taking the current one. He said to drink as much liquid as possible and have some citrus soda 2 or 3 times per day and it should clear just fine.

He also ordered a blood test (Full blood count) to see if my body was fighting any sort of infection - is this for the cat bite?

My BP is also up - it was consistently 100/60 since I fell pregnant and now it is 120/70 which is what it was before I fell pregnant. Is there any significant reason for this rise in BP other than stress? I have actually been less active than normal...I have also been getting shooting pains in my neck

Thanks!

Hallo Shelley
It may take a few days to normalize. Maybe you should also ask the doctor to do a liver enzyme test to see if there are signs of liver damage? The blood pressure is still within normal limits and can be due to you being stressed at the moment.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cYBERDOC | 2011/03/10

Hallo Shelley
dr Bets

Reply to cYBERDOC