White blood cell count

I have been strugling with fatigue for a while now. I had a high white cell count in Feb and May. My doctor wants me to go again next week and if it is still high to see a heamotologist.
After I suggested it to her, we tested for Epstein Barr and Coxsackie. The results show that I have previously had Epstein Barr and currently have both strains of Coxsackie. won' t testing for white blood cells be a waste of time? Surely if I have an active virus they will be high?

These virusses are difficult to treat but it will be important to make a diagnosis and symptomatically treat your problem. Therefore, the tests will not be a waste but beneficial to your treatment and the monitoring of the progress you are making.