Question
Posted by: Victimised | 2011/07/15

Whistle blowing

I blew the whistle on my boss 4 years ago and she was found to have frauded the company credit card as well as stoled various furniture items from the company flat. but blacmailed her way out of it because she knew of shady practices the company.

All the managers handling the case have left and now she''s victimisiing me in terms of increases ,bonuses etc.

I was promised at that time taht I would be protected and it would not come back to me but obviosly it has. Been with the company for 9 years and finding another job is not working out.

What can i do to protect myself.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Whistle blowing

Unfortunately this is a common occurrence. the only thing that you can do is to raise an internal grievance outlining exactly what your boss is doing. The victimisation must be specifically outlined leading right back to the time when it was necessary for you to whistle blow. It is also suggested that you go directly back to the person who promised you that you would be protected.

2
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2011/07/28

re: Whistle blowing

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Trev | 2011/07/17

Keep detailed notes in chronological order of every little thing,no matter how trivial,join a good union,and let them take her on head on. Believe me, I know from experience that she will back down and back off when the union[if they are good]gets stuck into her.The days of the old draconian boss are fortunately over.

Reply to Trev