Question
Posted by: NN | 2008/06/02

Whiplash

Yesterday I was riding on the back of a bike with a friend. We were doing 230kn/h and the force of the speed kept my head flying back. Today I have a painful neck. My neck, throat, shoulders, arms, chest and back are sore. I feel dizzy and disorientated. I am taking painkillers to get rid of the pain and it helps. Is there anything else I can do for this. I am just scared that my neck does not heal. I also do not have medical aid nor can I afford a physio.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

This could be a straightforward muscular involvement - extended sprain / strain situation - and may take a short while to recover. Avoid such situations in the future - high speed is dangerous!!